5 July 2011

"Kisses and huggies?"

I really think I'm making progress. I really do. Aschiuta has changed almost completely.

Remember the story about the crazy pooch who, as soon as my fiance went out the door, would jump right at me, barking and biting? Now, she's calm, sometimes sleeps and waits patiently. She often comes and nudges me with her nose, so I'll pet her back.

No more showing me her teeth, no more tugging on my sleeves until they break. We aren't arguing anymore and she lets me pet her without trying to bite.

What happened? She probably just grew out of her shenanigans. She might have simply understood that it's better for everyone if she's a good girl. I'm quite proud of her.

"Kisses and huggies?"

However, like I always do when I notice she's grown up, I wonder where the time had gone off to...

9 comments:

  1. She is such a beautiful girl, Lavi! It's probably due to a combination of several small things and I'm so happy that she's not giving you a hard time anymore. Well done to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *kisses and huggies* right back at Aschiuta! What a good girl!
    Cairn cuddles, Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs change as their lives change, much like people. Darby is still not a fan of hugs. I think it's because we treated his parvo at home. He hated the meds he needed to take, so one of us had to hold him really tight while the other got his meds into him. I think that left a huge scar in his puppy brain where he equaled hugs to "bad stuff", but little by little, he's getting there. Glad to hear Aschiuta is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it always like that? you're glad when they grow up and become more ladylike. and sad because that means time has gone by too quickly. when georgia is sedate and cooey, i always think she might be sick!

    p.s. i went to your other blog. you're such a talented miss :) i tried to enter the contest but my iphone was not letting me do it that day. i hate technology a lot. lately, my computer and blogger has been sick too. ahh well, good luck with the book, lavi! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always amazing what a little maturity will do for a dog. Each year I witness more of more of with my own. And as much as I love puppies, there is something about an adult dog that is calm and secure that is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lavi. Aaaw, but she's so gorgeous and how wonderful that she seems to have calmed down like that. I'm sure it's as a result of all the love that you are giving her! My family have been here for a couple of weeks with their little French Bulldog, and I am missing him already, but he will be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO glad to know that things are getting much better!! She is such a beautiful girl. Now that she'll let you, please give her a pat from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great to hear about the progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray for not-biting! Sounds like you've won her over...thanks for joining my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to woof-woof here: