I was reading blog updates today and found one about a blog hop I couldn't resist joining. It's the Magical Mystery Mutt Tour Blog Hop and people will post some info and pictures of their mixed-breed dog and others can guess what breeds they have in their DNA.
I've been preoccupied with finding our what breed Aschiuta is ever since she started growing and people began to ask "Such a cute dog! What breed is it?". I researched the Internet and found a very unlikely but interesting answer. I'll tell you at the end.
If you also want to join in the fun, here are the rules:
Magical Mystery Mutt Tour Blog Hop: hosted by Peggy's Pet Place, Will My Dog Hate Me and I Still Want More Puppies!
- Link up your blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below.
(Include on your blog a few pictures of your dog, and specific details to help everyone guess!) Here's the code for the Linky:
- Follow your co-hosts (listed above) and comment on their blogs to let us know you've joined the hop!
- Grab our Magical Mystery Mutt Tour Blog Hop Badge and the Linky tool for your post, if you want. Here is the code for the badge:
<a href="http://bit.ly/fVBz6q" target="_blank"><img src="http://rufftoyreviews.com/images/mutts.jpg" /></a>
- Check out as many of the other blogs on the Linky as you'd like, and guess away!
Well, since that has been taken care of, here is a little more about our doggie, Aschiuta:
|Butt first, always butt first!|
- Build: She is medium-sized and thin. Her long legs and neck (we affectionately call her our little giraffe) and long body in general make her figure look almost elegant.
- Face: She has an angular face, with a medium-sized muzzle. Her most striking feature are the ears, which are quite big and pointy. We once believed she might never outgrow them, they used to be bigger than the face.
|A more frontal view, posing in a "give paw" position. Also known as the "expect treat" position.|
- Fur: The fur is rather short, with a slightly thicker collar and puffy hair on her hind legs and tail. I always say she has permanent bloomers on. The fur is tan, with a little lighter collar and a darker stripe on her back. When she gets excited or angry, she gets a mohawk from her nape to her tail.
- Attitude: She is the friendliest and most playful dog I've ever seen. She loves everyone she meets and wants to jump, hug and lick everyone who gives her some affection or attention. She is fond of kids, but not a lot of parents let theirs play with such a crazy dog. I'm probably the only one she doesn't respect much and that only when my fiance (her biggest crush) is away from home. As you can see, she'd make a bad watch dog, but she's great fun when going out. She loves to play and taught herself how to fetch a ball.
|She loves being out and playing.|
From my amateur research, I have resolved she looks a lot like a Norwegian Buhund, minus the big rolled-up tail (we're still a fluff away from that though). The personality matches too, from what I've read. The only problem is, Buhunds are rare in my part of the world and probably nonexistent in Romania.
|The picture of a Norwegian Buhund. The resemblance is striking.|
We don't really care a lot about the breed though, she's our lovely little doggie and she's great no matter what DNA she has.
Here is the list, hope you join up!